Monday, December 12, 2011

Long weekend in Asheville

I've been a bit of a slacker on my blog posts lately, so I'm going to give a quick little update of our awesome long weekend trip in Asheville (first December weekend). One of our favorite bands, Beirut, was going to be playing in Asheville on Monday, December 5th, so Harrison and I chose to take a couple of days off work and have a mini-vacation is Asheville. We had so much fun going back to all of our favorite establishments and seeing all of our friends again. Since we've moved in late July, we've already been back to visit twice! It's only a 5 hour drive, so maybe we can keep this up (visiting about every 3 months or so).

Here are some photos we took while hiking around the grounds of the Biltmore Estate:


My friend, Renee and I in front of the lovely bridge on the Estate (it was featured in Last of the Mohican's).

We had High Tea (3:30pm) at Chelsea's tea room...a favorite spot of mine in Biltmore Village. The Earl Grey tea that I mix with a bit of Splenda and a 'spot' of milk is so good!
I always make sure to order the tea plate of super tasty desserts:

Finally, on Monday night we got to see the show that we've been waiting years to see. Beirut...live!
He is an extremely talented young musician and he and the band put on a great show! They played all of our favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjzVbXeD_8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWSz_PAfgNc
Several of our Asheville buddies joined us for the concert:
Isn't he adorable? I want to squeeze those cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment