Sunday, December 12, 2010

O Tannenbaum... & Heisman

We bought our Christmas tree from a beautiful farm in Burnsville, NC. Harrison enjoyed strapping it to the top of the Subaru on the first snowy day of the Christmas season.

I don't mean to brag, but we have the BEST spot ever to place a Christmas tree! We're in love with the architectural details of our 1920's downtown Asheville apartment.













































This year we have a new tree-topper. It's a lovely angel that my mother-in-law gave us.
Check out Thrifty Decor Chick's Christmas Tree Party to see other lovely trees!


As you can see, the Christmas tree skirt that I made (see the 'Arts and Crafts' section) is around the bottom. It is too small, but I plan to extend it with some green velvet trim and fringe.

I took a few pictures of some of our most prized ornaments. Below you'll see our engagement ornament, our favorite AU ornament, The Constitution, my 2005 nursing school ornament, scrubs: 2006 - I became an RN ornament, 'Tracy's Diary of Christmas Memories" ornament - handcarved by my grandfather, 2006 Asheville ornament (the year we moved here), "6" ornament - for beating Bama 6 times in a row in the Iron Bowl, our 1st Christmas as a married couple ornament, our sorority and fraternity ornaments, camping Santa ornament symbolizing Harrison's 2004 thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, Harrison's kindergarten school bus ornament, and Harrison's fingerprint snowman.


This year, Harrison and I enjoyed decorating the tree while sipping wine (our favorite: Sangiovese) and watching the Heisman ceremony on ESPN. It was so exciting to see Auburn's own Cam Newton win the prestigious award!

No comments:

Post a Comment