Sunday, February 27, 2011

Atlanta for the weekend

Harrison and I spent this past weekend in Atlanta with Joey and Erin. We had a blast! Friday night, we had dinner at Cafe di Sol and then headed to Limerick's in Virginia Highlands. On Saturday, we ate FANTASTIC food at Rhea's Bluebird Cafe. It's this cute little 'hole-in-the-wall' that is known for amazing pancakes. They were name 'the best pancakes' by the NY Times. I had the strawberry pancakes and I have to agree with the Times! We practically rolled out of the cafe and headed over to a very neat historical cemetery. There were so many old, elaborate crypts. We saw the grave of golf legend, Bobby Jones. Fans leave golf balls on his grave in his memory.

Saturday night we spent the evening in Decatur. It is such a quaint neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, shops, bars, and people. We had dinner at an old converted garage called Leon's. The food and beer selection was wonderful, as was the atmosphere. I highly recommend it. After dinner we walked over to The Brick Store and spent several hours there. It's a cozy pub with great ambiance and a never ending selection of beer. I enjoyed the Belgian wheat beer and Hefeweizen that I ordered.
Afterward, we headed over to Twain's, a bar full of all sorts of fun games. We played foosball, darts (Cricket), and pool. Joey and Erin beat us at everything! We had a great time with them as always.

On Sunday we had brunch at The Flying Biscuit. It was even more incredible food! I had an omelette with chicken sausage, cheese grits, and a biscuit with almond butter. I felt like I should have worn sweatpants after having eaten so much.

After saying goodbye, we went to Nate and Kellye's house to visit with them, our niece, Paige, David, and my parents who had come into town. It was a great way to finish up a fantastic weekend. I just wish I had taken more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment