Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Egleston, then Pennsylvania... and a dog?

I spent this past Saturday visiting with Nate, Kellye, and Paige at Egleston (Children's Hospital of Atlanta). Paige was full of energy and cuteness. She's learned how to wave good-bye and she sits up with so much strength now! She likes to show off her new bottom teeth, as you see above.

On Sunday, Nate, David and I headed to the airport at 5:30 am to get on our flight to Philadelphia for my grandfather's funeral. Harrison would've come, but the $700 price tag per ticket (last minute) was just a little high. We arrived early and had some time to grab lunch in the city before meeting up with family. My cousin (Philly resident), Tim, suggested McGillin's Old Ale House. It was an awesome old pub downtown, situated in an alley. I would've never found it on my own. It was well worth it. I'm a bit of a beer snob after having lived in Asheville (Beer City USA), so I was excited to try out Stoudt's Octoberfest and McGillan's Lager. Both brews were very tasty. There was a nice fall chill in the air, so I had a bowl of chili with a grilled cheese which completely hit the spot.
On our way back to the car, we dipped into this crazy alley and discovered 'The Graffiti Bar.'
It actually looked pretty upscale. I think it's a brilliant use of space in the city!



We drove out to Lansdale where we met up with my cousins, aunt, uncles, sister and her family. After dinner and some reminiscing about our dear Grandpop, several of us decided to head out to watch a Phillies game. Afterall, my grandfather was a big fan. During our last phone conversation, he'd been watching a Phillies game.

Nate, David, me, and Christine (cousin)
The stadium was really awesome! It was complete with all of the great Philadelphia food, of which I indulged: Philly cheese steak, crabby fries, hot pretzels, and Rolling Rock. We all ate so much we felt sick.
The Philly Fanatic put on a cute show:

On Monday, we celebrated the life of my grandfather. He was a military man and the military service at the gravesite was very special. It was followed by a nice meal with all of our family at a nearby restaurant. We had a little more time to visit back at my aunt's house before we had to catch our flight home. We got into Atlanta around 10pm, so I stayed at David's apartment for the night. The next morning, he and I went back to visit Baby Paige at Egleston. She was really enjoying her new Philly Fanatic:
When I made it back to Auburn, I met Harrison at his parents home where he's been taking care of a sweet, stray Brittany Spaniel. No one has yet claimed it, and we're considering keeping her. If you've ever seen my blog's 'puppy love' page, you know that we've always wanted a Brittany Spaniel. She's a sweety. She has a ton of energy though and needs to live in a place with a big yard. Our living situation isn't ideal for her, so Perry and Esther may be keeping her (with us visiting frequently) until we get a bigger place. I'll probably take her to the vet this Friday if no one claims her.



When I got back to our apartment, Harrison had these beautiful flowers waiting for me! They're my favorite: Ambiance roses (carried them in our wedding).


No comments:

Post a Comment