Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Long holiday weekend...

Saturday was the start of my favorite time of the year: Auburn's football season. Unfortunately, kickoff was planned for 11 am, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to tailgate. Still, we made the most of the time we had, arriving at the tailgate around 8:30. We had a nice brunch spread, complete with Mimosas and a Bloody Mary Bar.
I love Harrison's seersucker pants, but he only gets to wear them once a football season because the first game is almost always Labor Day Weekend:
Megan, Logan, Lee, me, Erin, and Jessica
While walking to the stadium, we spotted this station wagon. It's for sale in exchange for Auburn season tickets!
It was great to see our returning National Champions take the field for the first time this season. I knew that since we'd lost a lot of players to the NFL, that '11 would be a 'rebuilding year' for the Tigers. During our last three seasons, many of our games have been nail biters to the end, and this year's season opener was no different. The Tigers scored two touchdowns in the last three minutes ending the game in an Auburn victory!
We headed back to the tailgate after the game for a little while and then ended up watching football the rest of the night at our house with friends. I had to include this adorable picture of my niece, Paige, that my brother sent me. Auburn is still undefeated in her lifetime!
On Sunday, we went to Newnan, GA for my nephew, Ryan's, fourth birthday. It was a Star Wars/Monster Truck theme (too cute, right?), and my sister created this AWESOME cake:
Isn't Ryan a handsome young man? He starts kindergarten this week!

Blake enjoyed the cake and ice cream too:

Paige wanted to kiss the birthday boy:
Paige has two teeth:
 She's so smart...she touches her new teeth and then reaches in everyone's mouth to find their teeth:

On Sunday night we went to 8pm Mass in Auburn (living in a college town has its benefits). Afterward, our friends came over and we played Mexican Dominoes until 2 AM! Labor Day was ugly and rainy, but I used the day for craft projects. I'll eventually post about what I did (made throw pillows out of placemats and made a stenciled 'W' wall hanging) under the heading on my blog: 'Get Creative.'

No comments:

Post a Comment