Friday, April 15, 2011

Relocation plans...

It’s hard for me to think about anything other than Paige these days. I visited her in Atlanta last Sunday and Monday, but I had to be back at work for the rest of the week. It was very hard to leave, but I hope to be back soon. I have a cold right now, so I can’t visit because Paige really doesn’t need to get sick. We live 3 to 3.5 hours from Atlanta, which means it’s not just a quick trip to visit.

This brings me to the next issue… Last Friday, I turned in my resignation to Biltmore Family Medicine. Harrison and I plan to move back to Auburn at the end of July. My last day of work is July 8th. We really want to be closer to our families, and recent events have confirmed to us the importance of family . Neither of us have jobs yet, but we’re beginning to search. Harrison’s parents live about 10 minutes outside of Auburn, my parents live 2 hours away, my sister’s family lives 1 hour away, and brothers are about 1.5 hours away. Harrison's sister lives in Tampa, which is by no means close to Auburn, but is a much quicker trip than Asheville to Tampa. Because we all love football, Auburn will be a common meeting ground for all of us to get together often. We’ll have to find a large house to accommodate all of the guests we expect during football season!

We absolutely love Asheville, and we’re going to shed a lot of tears the day we see the city in the rear-view mirror of the moving van. If our families were a bit closer in proximity, we’d never leave Asheville. It has given us so much: many close friends, beautiful weather and landscape, our wedding day, our first jobs as professionals, our master’s degrees, and so many wonderful memories.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, big news. We still miss Asheville like crazy, but being closer to family is priceless. I'm loving reading your blog and getting caught up your life.

    ReplyDelete