Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fripp Island, SC

Ahh, Fripp Island, SC, my favorite place of summertime memories! After a long flight into Charleston from Hawaii, we drove another 1.5 hours to get to Fripp. This place is so special to my family, as we vacationed here to visit my grandparents every summer when I was a kid. I have 4 aunts and 5 cousins on this side of my family, and they also vacationed there, which is why my cousin Erin chose to get married at Fripp. She knew that her wedding weekend would also make for a great family reunion! We had to miss the rehearsal dinner so that we could get to bed early and try to make up for some of the jet lag. By Saturday morning, we were ready to hit the beach and visit family! Harrison, David, Nate, and I enjoyed relaxing in our chairs with our toes in the water a few hours before the wedding: Another shot:The ceremony was held at a Presbyterian church in Beaufort, just 20 minutes down the road. Erin looked BEAUTIFUL in her strapless ivory gown. Here's a shot of the new Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Passow: We stuck around the church to take family photos. Harrison wore his summery seersucker pants that I love! I also love my former bridesmaid's dress that I wore for Celeste's wedding: Family shot, unfortunately missing Kellye and Paige: We headed back to the Beach Club on Fripp for the reception. The centerpieces were lovely: View of the beach from the reception's balcony: The married couple hits the dance floor:There was a lot of great dancing! The bride and groom's first dance was AWESOME! They'd been rehearsing for months to do a disco routine to "More Than A Woman!" It was so good and so funny! The men, or Blues Brothers, also put on a great performance! My cousin, Travis, stole the show (in front): Cutting the cake:








We partied into the wee hours of the morning before eventually crashing. On Sunday we spent the day at the beach and then had dinner at the Bonita Boathouse, which overlooks the marina and marshes, with Aileen, Andrew, Blake, and Ryan. They always have the best She-Crab soup!


I love the coastal marshes! This is the marina:

My nephew is one cute pirate; argh!

On Monday, we spent a little time at the beach and then had lunch at the Ocean Pointe Grille with the Aileen, Drew, Ryan and Blake. We did a little shopping and touring the island. Fripp is small, only about 3 miles long, but has so much beauty to offer.



We spotted this alligator in one of the ponds on a golf course. Scary!

We can't wait for our next trip back to Fripp. I think we're going to start doing family reunions there at least every 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment